Stockholm, November 10, 2021
Earnings 20 percent more than 2019
Third quarter 2021
- Net sales amounted to MSEK 478 (347). Adjusted for exchange rate fluctuations, sales increased by 40%.
- Operating profit (EBITA) increased to 114 MSEK (21). Excluding canceled PPP loan 64 (21).
- The operating margin (EBITA margin) was 23.9 percent (6.0). Excluding canceled PPP loan 13.5 (6.0).
- Profit after tax increased to MSEK 85 (8). Excluding canceled PPP loan 36 (8).
- Earnings per share increased to SEK 4.42 (0.40). Excluding canceled PPP loan 1.85 (0.40).
- Our year of comparison is 2019, because 2020 has been an extraordinary year. Adjusted for exchange rate fluctuations, net sales increased by 15%. Virtual deliveries mean that no expense is charged against income. Actual growth in operations was around 20 percent.
- Compared to the third quarter of 2019, operating profit (EBITA) increased by 19% and profit before tax increased by 13%, excluding canceled PPP loan.
From January 1 to September 30, 2021
- Net sales amounted to MSEK 1,346 (1,042). Adjusted for exchange rate fluctuations, sales increased by 40%.
- Operating profit (EBITA) increased to 238 MSEK (45). Excluding canceled PPP loan 188 (45).
- The operating margin (EBITA margin) was 17.7 (4.3) percent. Excluding canceled PPP loan 14.0 (4.3).
- Profit after tax increased to 156 MSEK (12). Excluding canceled PPP loan 106 (12).
- Earnings per share increased to SEK 8.08 (0.60). Excluding canceled PPP loan 5.51 (0.60).
- Our year of comparison is 2019, because 2020 has been an extraordinary year. Adjusted for exchange rate changes, net sales in the first nine months of the year were up 13% from 2019. Virtual deliveries mean no expense is charged against revenue. Real growth in operations was around 18 percent.
- Compared to the nine-month period of 2019, operating profit (EBITA) increased by 20% and profit before tax by 13%, excluding canceled PPP loan.
In May 2020, US subsidiary BTS received federal COVID-19 support under the âPaycheck Protection Programâ (known as PPP loans). In accordance with the directives of the American authorities, this loan was canceled during the third quarter of 2021 and had a positive impact of 49.7 MSEK on the operating result.
âWe are delivering our best third quarter to date. Our long-term pandemic management strategy is working and we have taken our business to a new level. The pandemic has initiated significant changes in the strategies and organizations of large companies around the world, creating increased demand for our services, âsaid Henrik Ekelund.
Improved outlook for 2021
The result – excluding canceled PPP loan – should be significantly better than 2020 and much better than in 2019. This deviates from the previous report, where the result was to be significantly better than that of 2020 and better than in 2019.
For more information please contact:
Head of Investor Relations
BTS AB Group
+ 46-58 70 70 02
+ 46-708-78 80 19
About BTS Group AB
BTS is a global professional services company headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with approximately 1,000 professionals in 36 offices located on six continents. For over 30 years, we have partnered with our clients to enable strategy execution. At BTS, we believe success comes from people understanding how their day-to-day work impacts business results. So we provide the skills, tools and knowledge your employees need to take the right actions at the right time.
We are behavior change experts and we care deeply about both delivering results to our clients and ensuring their employees do the best job in their lives. Our commitments range from integrated multi-year transformation projects to brief and targeted capacity development.
It’s a personal strategy.
Our primary areas of practice include change and transformation, leadership development, and sales and marketing. In support of the offerings of our core practice areas, we have centers of excellence in assessments for talent selection and development, business acumen and innovation skills building and coaching as a practical tool to change mentalities and turn strategy into action.
We have partnered with more than 1,200 organizations, including more than 40 of the world’s 100 largest companies. Our major customers are some of the most respected names in business: Salesforce, SAP, Abbott, Tetra Pak, EY, Tencent, Vale and BHP.
BTS is a public company listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and is listed under the symbol BTS B.
For more information, please visit www.bts.com.